Monday, October 20, 2008

Chesterton

I read a lot of Chesterton and I read blogs that quote him, comment on him, praise him and emulate him. I subscribe to Gilbert magazine. In my world Chesterton looms large. He's everywhere! So I checked my library system's on-line catalog for the Chesterton biography written by Maisie Ward. Nothing. I check the catalog of the neighboring county--one copy in my hometown library. Multi-tasking a visit with my mother to a trip to the library I find this treasure! I'm the first person to checkout this book since 1955!! Although prior to that it was pretty popular. Kudos to the Corry Public Library for keeping Chesterton faithfully on the shelves all these many years!

1 comment:

The Bookworm said...

I've had a few books like that from our library - they are very good at keeping old, classic children's literature, but it is hidden away in the reserve store at Bedford. I checked the catalogue, and they have a biography of Robert Browning by Maisie Ward, but no Chesterton :(.