I can't turn down a book reading challenge and here is one that will make me read a broader spectrum of books than I might choose on my own. (Something more than Chesterton!). I'm not going to select books now but see what I find as the year progresses but here are the categories:
1. Children's Fiction (ages 6-10)
2. Children's Fiction (ages 10-14)
3. Science/Nature
4. Parenting/Family
5. History
6. World Politics (Chesterton here?)
7. Adult Fiction
8. Education
9. Fiction (classics)
10. Personal Improvement
The idea is to read four books for each category. To further challenge myself I am only going to count books I haven't read before. So even thought I am re-reading Vanity Fair I am not going to count it for the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your categories. I'm not sure what all mine are yet, but so far I have:
Biographies
Maths
Science
Nature
History
Travel
Faith
Adult Fiction
I think I'll add children's fiction, but I'm not sure what for the last. Maybe education? I'm going to post a list once I have a few more titles - probably not a full list, but enough to give me a good start. I'm also limiting myself to books I either own already or know I can get from the library. No excuses then!
Post a Comment