Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resolutions

I thought I had resolved to lose weight (36 lbs.) and walk more last year. I did lose weight but only 16 lbs. (alas) and I did walk more (179.5 miles which puts me in the middle of Midgewater Marsh on my walk to Rivendell). But re-reading my post, I see that what I actually resolved to do was lose weight and read more Chesterton! And I did! I down-loaded The Greybeard and The Wild Knight (any one with an annotated version of this one? I was confused!) I also read The Defendant, Varied Types, Robert Browning, Napoleon of Notting Hill (loved this one!), Heretics, Orthodoxy (3rd time) and The Club of Queer Trades. I've slowed down a bit but only because I find, materialist that I am, that I no longer want to check Chesterton out of the library (inter-loan) but I want to OWN a Chesterton library! I want to high light, dog ear, and have at my fingertips all those Chesterton quotes! Next on my list is The Everlasting Man and the biographies (commentaries?) of St. Frances and St. Thomas Aquinas. Oh, and another 16lbs. wouldn't be bad either.

No comments: