I've been tagged by my best kindred spirit friend Kathryn for the 123 meme. I've been looking forward to my first meme for a long time and this is a good one to start with.
The rules are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book and open to page 123 (that would be the nearest book with at least 123 pages!)
2. Find the fifth sentence.
3. Post the next three sentences.
4. Tag 5 people.
Well as luck would have it the closest book to hand is Tremendous Trifles by G.K. Chesterton. Page 123 begins with the essay A Tragedy of Twopence and the sentences in question are :
"The crime was committed in solitude and without accomplices. Alone I did it. Let me,with the characteristic thirst of penitents to get the worst of the confession over, state it first of all in its most dreadful and indefensible form." I haven't read this one yet and have no clue what he is talking about but I can't wait to find out!
As I haven't been blogging long enough to be able to tag anyone yet I decided to tag all the guys I live with:
DH: from The Education of Henry Adams "Had the minister known Russell's determined effort to betray and ruin him in October, 1862, he could have scarcely used stronger expressions than he did in 1863. Russell must have been greatly annoyed by Sir Robert Collier's hint of collusion with the rebel agents in the Alabama case, but he hardened himself to hear the same innuendo repeated in nearly every note form the Legation. As time went on, Russell was compelled, though slowly, to treat the American minister as serious." hmmm
Sam: From With Fire and Sword "Who is the ambassador here?" he repeated.
"I am the ambassador," said Skshetuski, proudly.
"Thou?"
Adam: The Jungle Book ""Get hence quickly or the priest will turn thee into a wolf again. Shoot, Buldeo, shoot!"
The old Tower musket went off with a bang, and a young buffalo bellowed in pain."
Joe: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (he wasn't actually reading this--it was just closest to him) "" See how my sword weeps for the poor King's death. O, may such purple tears be alway shed from those that wish the downfall of our house! If any spark of life be yet remaining , down, down to hell and say I sent thee thither--he stabs again--I that have neither pity, love, nor fear." from Richard, Duke of York
Kenny: The Red Fairy Book "The man thought the witch was really his wife, and he did not know that his wife was the sheep; so he went home with her, glad at heart because his sheep was found. When they were safe at home the witch said to the man, 'Look here, old man, we must really kill that sheep lest it run away to the wood again.' The man, who was peaceable quit sort of fellow, made no objections, but simply said,"Good, let us do so.' "
So there you have it. We liked Joe's the best. If you are reading this consider yourself tagged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment