Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Okay, it's a little late but still January. I made two resolutions this year. One was to lose 36 lbs. (A meager 3 pounds a month, this blog is not about that.) The other resolution was to read as many of G.K. Chesterton's writings as possible. I didn't intend to start a blog. I read a lot of blogs. I enjoy blogs, but I never thought I had much to contribute as a blogger myself. However, GKC has inspired me. In th epreface to Tremendous Trifles he exhorts his readers to be "Ocular Athletes"---"Let us exercise the eye until it learns to see the startling facts that run across the landscape as plain as a painted fence." It struck me that is just what all bloggers do and my fellow homeschooling moms do so well. I think Chesterton would be delighted.
So this is my place for exercising my eyes, to remark on our painted fences. Oh, and to do memes. I love memes!

2 comments:

The Bookworm said...

YES!!!! How many years have I been waiting for you to start a blog?

The Bookworm said...

And those are two good resolutions :)