Chari at Our Heart's Haven has written a lovely post about the beauties of the season and has challenged others to give it a try too. Here is my list:
1. The evenings of winter when everything just glows in shades of mauve and rose.
2. The spectacular structure of trees coated in thick frost. They glitter with a diamond brilliance. This is particularly stunning on Evergreens.
3. Goose calls on moonlit nights. I'm seldom out to actually see the geese but I smile in my cozy rocking chair when I hear them.
4. Fluffed our chickadees. These birds are so adorable in Winter. They are kinda raggy looking in
summer.
5. Snow devils. Those wisps of snow caught in the wind that twirl around and take your breath away if you get caught in one.
6. Boys dueling with icicles.
7. Golden retrievers galloping through deep fluffy snow. He loves the effect as much as I do. I can tell by the big grin.
8. Rosy cheeks on boys from racing the I-Dad- arod. This is a cross country ski track my dh makes every Winter to keep cabin fever at bay.
9. Rosy feet on boys from running the annual Winter Barefoot Race. See above about cabin fever.
10. The ping of rocks thrown on ice and the quack of ducks swimming around to keep some water un-frozen alarmed by the ping.
These are a bit consolidated from many Winter days. If I did just today it would be a short list. Just icy slush and dreary skies. Well, the chickadees are still cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment