Saturday, February 23, 2008
God's in His Heaven
All's right with the world! Or how about--Oh to be in England now that Spring is here! Or even--Grow old along with me the best is yet to be! Who knew all these very famous line are from Robert Browning?? Not me. I left highschool with an utter loathing of poetry. Besides the last line I didn't even know the other lines were from poetry. But thanks to my GKC reading I am getting an education at last! I've been trying to read Chesterton in a somewhat chronological way and am now ready to start his biography of Robert Browning and thought perhaps I should read some Browning first...well. He's really good! And I see alot of influence in some of GKC's poetry mainly the alliteration in Lepanto (now that I homeschool I know words like alliteration!). And I have done something I have never done before. I bought a volume of poetry just because I want to read it not because I need it for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment