Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ocular Athletics

Daffidodillis (Daffodils) by Joe

Daffidodillis or daffodils are yellow, six petaled flowers with a trumpet like tube. Before daffodils bloom they look like thick blades of grass with buds. Daffodils are a sure sign that Winter is over and Spring has begone. The trumpet has a ruffle around the edge. When the flower blooms the dried out bud is left like a papery sun-bonnet.


Trees and Leaves by Adam

A leaf is a part of a tree. Leaves can come in all shapes and sizes. My favorite kind is a maple leaf and second is an oak. I like maple because it is straight and is noble. I also like a maple tree because I like the way it just branches out and is easy to climb. I like the oak's leaves, its and the maple's are very much alike, but the maple's leaf has five points and the oak's has seven. Now I'm done so I shall move on...ho, all right, one more example. Take the cherry, it is short and does not take up much room, its leaf is shaped like a spear head. That's all I have to say. Good-bye.

No comments: