My Yard is about 4 acres (Adam)
It is early Spring. The leaves are just starting to grow. The flowers have been blooming for awhile now. It has rained last night and everything is wet. The stream is brown, high, and is rushing by as if it were late for something important. The deck is dark brown and very slippery. The driveway has a collection of mud puddles. The grass is a rich green (my only regret is the patches of gravel spaced here and there making it look not so pretty.) Joe's and my Guinea pigs love to chew on it. The birds are a beautiful sight. The flash of color is magnificent. All the different songs at once is enchanting. This is my yard in Spring. Well, all I can put on paper.
The First Oriole by Joe
Yesterday evening I saw an orange blob that turned out to be an orange shovel handle I'd been playing with earlier that day. About two minutes later I looked up and to my surprise sitting on a branch was an oriole. The first oriole of Spring. For those of you who don't know what an oriole is, it is a bird with a yellow-orange chest and black head and back. Boy, when I saw that I ran as fast as I could back to the house to tell Mom and Dad the news. They didn't seem overly thrilled though. I didn't know why not. I though they'd be overjoyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment